I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Ok, let me just say that I’m super excited about this recipe! Here’s why:
- Yes, this is a grain-free AND gluten-free recipe that can be used to make several different culinary creations — from pizza, to flatbreads, to pancakes, to wraps, to sandwiches…and wherever your creativity takes you.
- It literally only takes like 5 minutes to make — um, yes please!!
- It’s packed with fiber & high-quality protein.
- I’m still in awe of how AMAZING it tastes (especially considering how healthy it is & how easy it is to make)!
I have to give major props & credit to my best friends, Chris & Lauren, for creating this gluten-free recipe. In our circle, this masterpiece is affectionately known as “Egg Bread” (I guess because it’s made with eggs & is kinda like a type of bread…?) 🙃 Regardless of what you wanna call it, it’s freaking fantastic & revolutionary!
Download your free recipe card below — you’ll wanna come back to this one again & again!
“Egg Bread”: The Basic Recipe
Makes 1 serving:
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husk (you can find it here)
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: up to 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar or water
- Organic virgin coconut oil (to cook with)
- Mix the psyllium husk, coconut flour, salt, & pepper with a spoon in a small bowl.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, & mix well with the spoon (until the psyllium husk absorbs the egg liquids).
- Optional: add a small amount of apple cider vinegar or water to make the batter a little more liquidy. (I typically add about 1-2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar).
- In a small pan, melt some coconut oil (1-2 tbsp.) over medium heat.
- Pour & spoon out the batter into the pan, spreading it out as evenly as possible into a thin circular layer.
- Cook until edges start turning golden-brown & it looks more solid (usually only takes a couple minutes).
- Flip with a spatula & cook the other side for about a minute or until desired consistency.
- From there, you can turn it into whatever foodie delight your heart desires! ☺️
Variations: Gluten-Free Pizza & Pancakes & Flatbreads — Oh My!
Make A Mini Pizza
To make your “egg bread” into a fun-sized mini pizza, just add some pizza sauce, cheese, & any other toppings that float your boat! I’d recommend adding the sauce & cheese while the second side of the egg bread is cooking, so that it can warm up & the cheese can melt.
Make sure you check the ingredients when buying pizza sauce — find one without any added sugars or unhealthy oils (like canola oil). This is one of my favorite brands (& so many amazing flavors!).
Use It As A Wrap, Bun, Or Soft Taco Shell
After your egg bread is cooked, you can add toppings/fillings & fold the egg bread around it to form a wrap or soft taco shell.
You can also use it in place of a bun (which are usually filled with refined grains & gluten, and cause a ton of inflammation & health issues).
Recently, while celebrating our sweet puppy’s 1st birthday, we paired this makeshift “bun” with organic, grass-fed beef hot dogs, organic ketchup, mustard, & raw sauerkraut — and it was BOMB! 🤗
Eat It Like A Flatbread
You can keep the egg bread flat & add whatever toppings you’d like (sauces, spices, veggies, herbs, meat, etc.) — and eat is like a flatbread.
My bestie, Lauren, created the beautiful flatbread below (on the left) — a “Veggie Panini”, she called it. YUM!!!
Make It A Pancake
This is one I haven’t experimented with too much yet, but I think it could work great as a healthy pancake alternative.
Instead of salt & pepper in the batter, you could add some stevia, xylitol, or erythritol to sweeten it. I’d also add some cinnamon, & some Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (because everything’s better with chocolate chips! 🙃).
Once the “pancake” is cooked, you could top it with your favorite flapjack toppings — like raw organic honey, some organic local maple syrup, organic grass-fed butter, fresh berries, more chocolate chips (yes, please!), or Honey Coconut Icing — sooo scrumptious!! 😋
Use Instead Of Bread
This “egg bread” recipe is fairly “bread-like” (as the name implies) & pretty sturdy. You could make 1 serving of it, cut it in half, & use it as 2 pieces of bread for a sandwich.
OR, you could just keep it flat like a single piece of “bread”, and smother it in your favorite bread topping (like raw almond butter, homemade sugar-free jam, or my favorite — organic grass-fed butter). Simple & delish!!
The variations & combinations that you can create using this grain-free, gluten-free “egg bread” recipe as a base are endless!
You can experiment with different flavors: Try adding different spices to the batter. Make it savory. Make it sweet. Add cheese to the batter!
You can experiment with different toppings/fillings: Mix it up with different veggies, herbs, sauces, meats, etc. on your pizza or flatbread, or in your wrap, taco, or bun. Try a variety of different pancake toppings, or even adding some fillings to the batter.
And you can try to create some additional uses: I’ve mentioned a handful of different ways to use “egg bread” — pizza, wrap, bun, taco, flatbread, pancake… — but I’m sure there are other creative & delicious things you could make with this versatile gluten-free recipe!
Want More Delicious Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Recipes?
Are pancakes your thing?? Try these Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes (+ Honey Coconut Icing)!
What “egg bread” variation are you most excited to try? Also, I’d love to hear about any new creations you make! Please share in the comments below!
And don’t forget to grab your free recipe card! ☺️
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!