I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Although pancakes are one of the most popular American breakfast foods, I am a firm believer that pancakes are NOT to be reserved only for breakfast. In fact, one of the things I love about pancakes is that they are perfect any time of the day! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert — no matter when or where, there’s no way I’m turning down a short stack!
I have always been a huge fan of pancakes (who isn’t?!), especially if they involve chocolate chips! Chocolate chips make EVERYthing better! 🙃 Unfortunately, the pancakes that the majority of people eat on a regular basis are full of processed grains, refined sugars, and chemically-laden pancake mixes. The great news is, you can have your delicious pancakes AND your health, too!
There are lots of different healthy pancake recipes out there — many involving ingredients like coconut flour, almond flour, and/or fruits. This Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes recipe is one of our favorites (especially smothered with Honey Coconut Icing — see recipe below)! Go ahead — spice up your breakfast with these fabulous pancakes. Or, even better — make your night extra special by having pancakes for dinner! You know you want to — I dare you! 😉
P.S. I’ve got a special surprise for you beneath the ingredients & directions below — don’t miss it! ☺️
3 organic, free-range eggs
3 tbsp. coconut flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking soda (aluminum-free)
a pinch of salt
organic, unrefined coconut oil or organic, grass-fed butter to cook pancakes in
pancake toppings of choice! (see below for ideas)
Optional Topping Ideas:
organic maple syrup, raw honey, organic grass-fed butter, raw almond butter or peanut butter, raw nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, extra chocolate chips, fresh fruit…OR one of my personal favorites…
Honey Coconut Icing:
Made with melted coconut butter and raw honey! (We use Artisana raw organic coconut butter). Simply melt a couple tablespoons of coconut butter on the stove over low heat, and mix a little raw honey into it when melted. Tastes like a smooth, creamy icing — yum!!
1. Place bananas in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Crack the eggs into the food processor and mix together.
3. Add the coconut flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt into the food processor and mix until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips (as many as you prefer) into the batter and stir them around with a spoon (do not mix with food processor blade).
5. Heat up a large skillet over medium heat and melt some coconut oil or butter in the pan.
6. Once skillet is hot, pour pancake batter into the pan, making each pancake about 3-5 inches in diameter. (The smaller the pancakes, the easier they are to flip and the more evenly they cook).
7. When the pancakes get firm enough to flip and start forming bubbles on the top, flip them.
8. If you want to make Honey Coconut Icing, melt the coconut butter in a small pan while the pancakes are cooking.
9. Drizzle, smother, sprinkle, or top your pancakes with whatever your heart desires…and ENJOY! ☺️
A Special Surprise For You
If you’re reading this, you’re most likely into delicious, healthy recipes. And if that’s the case, I’ve got a special freebie download for you that’ll help you take your nutrition & recipes to the next level: Dr. Christi’s Must-Have Ingredients List.
This practical guide highlights 40 of my favorite go-to foods that are frequently found in my household & that I can’t live without (and you won’t want to either!). These foods are fat-burning, health-boosting, nutrient-dense, & sure to become staples in your kitchen! Click below to get instant access to the list! 😄
Got chocolate chip fever?! Try these Guilt-Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
What are your favorite pancake toppings or fillings?! I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!