I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
This fantastic recipe is courtesy of MaxLiving. 💜
If you’ve never tried Shepherd’s Pie, do yourself a huge favor & make this recipe ASAP. Your life will never be the same!
If you can’t get enough of Shepherd’s Pie (like I can’t), do yourself a huge favor & make this recipe ASAP. Your life will never be the same! 🙃
This version of Shepherd’s Pie is gluten-free, grain-free, and filled with healthy fats & high-quality protein. It’s one of those recipes that feels like it should totally be a vacation meal (or “cheat meal” as some like to call it), but instead you can feel great about the health-giving meal you’re eating! 🤗
It’s made with mashed cauliflower on top (aka Mashed No-Tatoes), instead of starchy mashed potatoes that it’s traditionally made with.
Organic, grass-fed butter & organic virgin coconut oil add some healthy fats, replacing the damaged, unhealthy oils that are typically used.
Most importantly, this easy & healthy Shepherd’s Pie recipe features 100% grass-fed, organic beef — rather than conventional, non-organic meat — which highly healthifies the recipe!
(Technically, I think this would be considered “Cottage Pie” since it’s made with beef — & Shepherd’s Pie is typically made with lamb or a combination of meat — but anyways, that’s beside the point. 🙃 Shepherd’s Pie… Cottage Pie… it’s all good!)
Click below for a downloadable & printable recipe card. Trust me, you’ll want to store this recipe on your phone, computer, or in your kitchen for quick, anytime-access!
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. organic, grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 organic egg yolk
Shepherd’s Pie Filling
- 1 tbsp. organic, virgin coconut oil
- 2 pounds 100% grass-fed, organic ground beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 large organic carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. organic, grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum (thickener)
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (healthy soy sauce alternative)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Steam cauliflower until soft, and then transfer to a food processor or blender. Puree the cauliflower with the garlic, butter, salt, pepper, and egg yolk.
2. While the cauliflower is steaming, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add coconut oil to pan with the beef.
3. Season meat with salt and pepper, and brown the meat with carrots and onion until the meat is no longer pink.
4. In a separate saucepan, cook butter and xanthan gum together, combining well.
5. Whisk in broth and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. Thicken gravy about 1 minute.
6. Add gravy to meat and vegetables, and stir in the peas.
7. Preheat broiler to high.
8. Put meat mixture into a rectangular or round baking dish, and spread pureed cauliflower over the meat as evenly as possible, being careful not to let meat show through.
9. Broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned.
10. ENJOY!!! ☺️ And remember to download your recipe card below!
For other low carb, gluten free, & grain free comfort food recipes, check out this delectable Eggplant Parmesan, these phenomenal Cheesy Coconut Biscuits, or this decadent Low Carb, Gluten-Free “Mac” & Cheese. YUM!!
If you want to learn more about creating a healthier lifestyle through your diet, click here to read How to Eat Healthy, Lose Weight, & Feel Great: 5 Life-Changing Nutrition Tips.
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!