I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
I tried eggplant parmesan for the first time while I was in chiropractic school when my good friend, Ricky, introduced us to it. Well, because of him, my life is changed forever — I officially can’t imagine my life without this amazing concoction now that I know about it!
I don’t know if it’s the soft, mushy texture of the baked eggplant, or the melted cheese mixed with plenty of sauciness, or the fact that the eggplant is drenched in olive oil and coated with almond/coconut flour — all I know is this recipe is AMAZING & it’s one of my all-time favorite meals!! It’s an absolute staple in our home — we eat it about once a week, and I always look forward to it each & every week.
This eggplant parmesan reminds me of comfort food at its finest. Plus, it’s loaded with healthy fats (from the olive oil, almond flour, & raw, organic, grass-fed cheese), so you’ll leave the table feeling super satisfied. It’s a healthy alternative to the popular Italian dish, and it’s definitely a crowd-pleaser! 😋
P.S. I’ve got a special surprise for you beneath the ingredients & directions below — don’t miss it! ☺️
1 organic eggplant
extra virgin olive oil (amount can vary, but you’ll need quite a bit!)
1 bag of almond flour and/or coconut flour (amount can vary, but if you have 1 bag you’ll have enough)
organic pizza/pasta sauce (no sugars or unhealthy oils added!)
1 block of raw, organic, grass-fed cheese — (My absolute favorite is from Beyond Organic — it’s literally the healthiest dairy on earth — a true superfood!)
oregano, garlic powder, & black pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut eggplant into slices (~1/4 inch thick).
3. Pour a good amount of olive oil into a small bowl (big enough for eggplant slices to be dipped into), and spread a thick layer/pile of almond and/or coconut flour onto a plate. (My favorite is using a combination of almond flour & coconut flour — you could use one or the other, or both!)
4. Dip each slice of eggplant into the olive oil so that the oil covers the entire slice.
5. Immediately after drenching the eggplant slices with olive oil, place them on the plate with flour and coat them on both sides (like a breading).
6. Place coated eggplant slices on a baking sheet or in a glass pan, and place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until eggplants are cooked to desired softness. (We like ours super soft, so I’d recommend using a fork to test the softness — if it pokes through the eggplant slices easily, then it should be a good texture.)
7. While the eggplant slices are cooking, shred some cheese. (This amount can vary depending on how big your eggplant is, how many slices, and how much cheese you like. We’re Wisconsin peeps, so we never skimp on our cheese! 😉)
8. Remove eggplant slices from the oven, but keep the oven on.
9. Put a generous amount of pizza/pasta sauce on each slice of eggplant.
10. Sprinkle each slice of eggplant with shredded cheese of your choice.
11. Put eggplant slices back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes (until cheese is melted and eggplant is cooked all the way through).
12. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, and/or black pepper (optional).
13. Serving Suggestion: Stack 2 or 3 eggplant slices on top of each other, creating little “towers” of eggplant 2 or 3 layers tall. (There’s something about layering that makes it look just a little more special & delish!)
14. ENJOY!! 🙂
A Special Surprise For You
If you’re reading this, you’re most likely into delicious, healthy recipes. And if that’s the case, I’ve got a special freebie download for you that’ll help you take your nutrition & recipes to the next level: Dr. Christi’s Must-Have Ingredients List.
This practical guide highlights 40 of my favorite go-to foods that are frequently found in my household & that I can’t live without (and you won’t want to either!). These foods are fat-burning, health-boosting, nutrient-dense, & sure to become staples in your kitchen! Click below to get instant access to the list! 😄
Wanna try some more delicious, grain-free comfort foods that’ll tickle your foodie fancy?! This Easy & Healthy Shepherd’s Pie is outta this world, and this Low Carb, Gluten-Free “Mac” & Cheese is the freakin’ bomb!
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!