I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
This amazing, gluten free “Mac” & Cheese recipe is courtesy of MaxLiving. 💜
As a born-and-raised Wisconsin girl, I’m also a self-proclaimed “cheesehead”. (I think it’s pretty much a prerequisite to love cheese if you’re from Wisconsin! 🙃) But honestly, who DOESN’T have a special spot in their heart for cheese?! Especially hot, melty, ooey, gooey cheese, smothering a heaping pile of pasta!
Anyways, I think a lot of people would agree that mac & cheese is probably one of the most delicious foods on the planet. But unfortunately, traditional mac & cheese is also super unhealthy. With the refined grains in the pasta, and the conventional dairy and additional toxic ingredients in the cheese sauce, it’s not something you’ll wanna be indulging in on a regular basis.
The fantastic news is: You can still get your cheesy comfort food fix with this low carb, grain free, AND gluten free mac & cheese! 🤗
This recipe features fiber-rich, nutrient-dense hearts of palm, and is made with organic, full-fat dairy in the cheese sauce. Not to mention, it’s ridiculously delish, and insanely easy to prepare. I have a feeling this may become an instant classic in your home! ☺️
Click below for a downloadable & printable recipe card — you’re definitely gonna wanna save this one!
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 3 tablespoons organic cream cheese
- 1/4 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 cup organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Additional shredded cheese (for topping)
- 2 jars of hearts of palm
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream cheese and chicken broth, and stir until completely combined and smooth.
- Reduce heat slightly and add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Instead of traditional macaroni noodles, simply cut two jars of hearts of palm into discs (or moon shapes by cutting the cylinder in half lengthways, then into slices).
- Boil hearts of palm discs in filtered water for 5-7 minutes. Drain well and add cheese sauce.
- Put into a baking dish and top with cheese, and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.
- ENJOY!! 💜
And remember to download your cute little recipe card below!
If you want to learn more about creating a healthier lifestyle through your diet, click here to read How to Eat Healthy, Lose Weight, & Feel Great: 5 Life-Changing Nutrition Tips.
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!