I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
This delightful recipe is courtesy of MaxLiving. 💜
Grain-free & gluten-free bread is pretty hard to come by. (In fact, if you find a tasty, grain-free, gluten-free bread available for purchase somewhere, please let me know!)
Obviously bread is a huge staple in our culture today — sandwiches, burgers, toast with eggs, avocado toast, bread dipped in olive oil & balsamic, or just a good ol’ piece of soft bread smothered in butter. Mmm! #getinmybelly! 😋
The problem is, almost all breads you can buy in stores are made with some kind of grains. Yes, there are some gluten-free breads you can buy — which is a step in the right direction — but they usually still contain some kind of gluten-free GRAINS. And grains will turn into sugar in your body, cause inflammation, and can lead to weight gain & other health problems.
Even healthier, WHOLE grains: They’re a better option than refined, highly-processed grains for sure, but they can still cause some of those same issues, so they should be kept in moderation — especially if weight loss or chronic health issues is a concern for you.
Does this mean you have to get rid of all bread in your life?!? Nope! Enter this recipe!! ☺️ Not only is this bread completely grain-free & gluten-free, but it also tastes great, is very sturdy, and it’s nice & moist! 👌
It’s pretty much the best thing since sliced bread (hehe, literally!), and it’s so versatile — so I made you a cute little recipe card so that you can easily add it to your recipe repertoire! (Yes, I just said repertoire…and I liked it. 🤓) Anyways, just click below to download the recipe card!
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 5 organic free-range eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. organic plain yogurt, plain Amasai, or organic heavy cream
- 4-6 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Organic virgin coconut oil (to grease the loaf pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, garbanzo bean flour, flax meal, baking soda and salt. Pulse until blended.
- Add the egg yolks, butter, yogurt or Amasai or heavy cream, and stevia (if using). Pulse until blended.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Pour into the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse (do not run) until the egg whites are blended.
- Spread into the greased loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then cool the rest of the way on a rack.
- Use a sharp bread knife to slice to desired thickness.
- ENJOY!!! ☺️
Looking for more grain-free & gluten-free recipes to delight your tastebuds & elevate your health?? Check out these Cheesy Coconut Biscuits, this “Mac” & Cheese, and these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
And remember to download your free recipe card below for this awesome grain-free, gluten-free bread! ☺️
If you want to learn more about creating a healthier lifestyle through your diet, click here to read How to Eat Healthy, Lose Weight, & Feel Great: 5 Life-Changing Nutrition Tips.
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!