I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Mashed potatoes have gotta be one of the most well-loved side dishes in the world (or at least here in the U.S.). Growing up, it was always one of my favorites, too. Whether it was Thanksgiving, Sunday lunch at Grandma & Grandpa’s house, at a buffet, or as a side to pretty much any meal — I could almost always go for a giant helping of mashed potatoes (with a healthy dose of butter, of course!).
As I started learning more about health & nutrition, I realized that mashed potatoes are really starchy & carby, which can lead to inflammation, weight issues, & other health concerns.
But then I discovered the magical wonders of cauliflower. Yes, that’s right — plain-jane, seemingly-boring cauliflower.
I used to think that cauliflower could only be eaten raw with some kind of veggie dip, or just cooked in some way & eaten as small florets. But my mind was officially blown when I found out that cauliflower could be used to make HEALTHY alternatives of some of the most common, delicious foods!
These cauliflower mashed “potatoes” taste divine, are low-carb, & are SO.freaking.simple to make! So get excited, because you’re about to get your mashed potato FIX, without any guilt. 🤗
I have a feeling this will become a very frequent staple in your home, so click below to download the recipe card!
Low-Carb Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
- 1 head cauliflower (organic is best)
- 2 tbsp. organic butter (or more if you like it really buttery, like I do! 😋)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves of fresh crushed garlic or minced garlic (optional)
- Chop up cauliflower into smaller pieces/florets.
- Steam cauliflower until very soft.
- Put the softened cauliflower pieces into a food processor or blender, along with the butter, sea salt, black pepper, & garlic.
- Blend/process until smooth (almost like a puree).
- Serve & enjoy!! ☺️
That’s it! Like, it’s really that easy.
You can even take these cauliflower mashed “potatoes” a step further by using them as the top layer in this delectable & healthified version of Shepherd’s Pie.
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!