I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Rice bowls can be a quick, easy, delicious, & very versatile meal. You can literally mix anything you want with the rice, and use any flavors, spices, & sauce concoction — the options are endless!
Unfortunately, rice (especially refined white rice) is very high-glycemic, turns into sugar in your body, spikes your blood sugar, causes inflammation, and can lead to weight issues & health problems. Even whole-grain brown rice — while it’s a healthier option — still turns into sugar in your body, so it’s best kept in moderation.
So how do we satisfy a rice bowl craving without all the carbs & sugar?? Enter one of your new best friends: CAULIFLOWER. 🙃
Cauliflower “rice” is a phenomenal substitute for regular rice, and it’s super easy to make! Riced cauliflower is used as the base for these grain-free, gluten-free “rice” bowls — and from there, you can let your foodie imagination & creativity run wild!
This post includes one of my favorite “rice” bowl combinations (egg + avocado + raw cashews), along with a few ideas for additional ingredients & sauces. It’s not a super-fancy or sophisticated recipe, and it’s a little hodge-podge, but lemme tell ya — it’s sooo yummy!! 🤗
Click below to add these Egg & Avocado “Rice” Bowls to your recipe collection!
- 1 head of cauliflower (organic is best), OR 1 bag of pre-“riced” cauliflower (super quick & easy!!)
- 2 tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 handful of raw cashews
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Organic full-fat cheese of choice (optional) — I especially love to add some fresh goat cheese sometimes!
- Any sauce/dressing ingredients & spices of choice — this is where you can really practice some culinary creativity! ☺️ (You can either make a sauce on your own, or buy it from the store — but you have to watch out for unhealthy oils & added sugars!) Some of my favorite store-bought AND healthy dressings/sauces are below (click the pictures to find them online!):
- “Rice” the Cauliflower: Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces, and then either use a cheese grater, or pulse the cauliflower in a food processor/blender until cauliflower looks like little rice-sized pieces. (If you buy the cauliflower already “riced”, you can skip this step.)
- Saute the cauliflower “rice” with the coconut oil or olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan (on medium to medium-high heat).
- While the “rice” is cooking, fry 2 eggs in coconut oil over medium heat in a different pan.
- Once the “rice” is done cooking (once it’s more tender or to your desired consistency), add salt & pepper to taste, along with any other spices you’d like & the sauce of your choice, and mix it well.
- Transfer “rice” to a bowl (as much of the “rice” & sauce mixture as you’d like to eat).
- Add the 2 fried eggs, the ½ avocado, & handful of raw cashews to the bowl of “rice”. (You can also add cheese if you’d like, or any other mix-ins.)
- Mix everything together in the bowl, and ENJOY!! 😋
Or, to discover healthy alternatives for MORE of your favorite foods & recipes, click here! (You can get your hands on the free Healthified Foodie Cheatsheet to make healthy eating much simpler!)
And before you go, make sure you download your recipe card & leave a comment below. ☺️
What are you favorite ingredients or sauces to add to rice bowls, or which ones sound the best to your taste buds??
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!