I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
BLACK BEAN Brownies?? Yes — you read that right. You might be thinking that black beans & chocolate should never be put together & that mixing them together could never magically result in a brownie (at least one that’s not repulsive). When I first encountered black bean brownies, my first thoughts were, “Hmm… that’s weird. Sounds kinda gross. But let’s try this!”
Boy am I glad I gave them a chance, because these babies are phenomenal! It turns out that black beans and chocolate not only go together, but along with their fellow brownie ingredients, they create a decadent dessert that will delight even the pickiest taste buds!
And what’s better than an ooey, gooey, chocolatey brownie?? How about an ooey, gooey, chocolatey brownie smothered in cream cheese frosting?! Mmmmmm! 😋 Yeah, this frosting is the freaking BOMB & is extremely addicting.
The good news is that these black bean brownies & cream cheese frosting recipes are much healthier than their typical counterparts. Most brownies & frostings are loaded with sugar, refined flour, & unhealthy fats — all of which lead to inflammation, weight gain, & other health issues.
These brownies that are about to knock your socks off are sugar-free, gluten-free, & grain-free. They use xylitol instead of sugar, almond flour instead of refined flour, & healthy fats like organic virgin coconut oil. The frosting also uses xylitol as a healthier sugar alternative, and is made with organic dairy (rather than conventional, hormone-&-antibiotic-filled dairy).
So go get your brownie on, girl! Click below to download the recipe card, because you are going to LOVE these!
This recipe makes an 8×8 pan of brownies. If you want to make a 9×13 pan (& let’s face it — why wouldn’t you?! 🙃), just double the recipe for the brownies & the frosting.
Black Bean Brownies — Ingredients:
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder (or Raw Cacao Powder is best)
- 4 Tbsp. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Xylitol
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Organic Free-Range Eggs
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ Cup Water
Cream Cheese Frosting — Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Oz. Organic Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Xylitol
- ½ Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Rinse & drain black beans.
- Heat the black beans on the stove top to soften slightly.
- Blend all the brownie ingredients together (in a high-performance blender is best — like a Vitamix)
- Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil & pour brownie batter into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 min. at 350 degrees (until a fork comes out clean).
- While brownies are baking, make the cream cheese frosting. Start by beating the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. (I use a Vitamix blender on low speed — it’s so quick & easy!)
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, xylitol, & vanilla extract until smooth. (I transfer the whipped cream to a bowl & use the Vitamix to blend the rest of the ingredients together. If you don’t have a super high-powered blender though, I would stick with an electric mixer/beaters).
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until mixed.
- Once brownies are done, let them cool for a bit, and then spread cream cheese frosting evenly over the top.
- ENJOY!!! ☺️
I can’t wait to hear about your experience with these black bean brownies! Leave a comment below & share your thoughts.
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!