I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Hey, friend! This is post #6 of the #FabHealthFitBody 6-week series. First of all, make sure you read all the way to the end of this post, because I have a super exciting & special announcement near the end that you won’t want to miss! 🙃
Ok, so this final post of the #FabHealthFitBody series is going to bring everything together that we’ve covered so far. If you’ve been following along & reading the past 5 posts, this will be a great review & refresher for you to really solidify what you’ve learned over the past 5 weeks.
And if you’re just jumping into the series now, don’t worry — this post will give you a great overview & summary of the series, & how you can start creating your healthiest, happiest life! Let’s dive in…
4 Core Components to Your Healthiest, Happiest Life
1. Mindset & Motivation
The first core component to your healthiest, happiest life is mindset & motivation. Mindset & motivation is a HUGE aspect of health that’s overlooked — & most people, health programs, or health professionals don’t address it! In fact, this is the #1 reason why most people fail to see results with their health or don’t reach their health goals (whether it’s losing weight, sticking to a healthy nutrition or exercise plan, having more energy, reducing their stress levels, or whatever it is).
I could give you the best nutrition plan, fitness plan, or wellness plan in the world, but if you don’t learn to master your mindset & motivation, it won’t matter! Without sustainable motivation & a healthy mindset, you won’t be able to stick to any type of plan or lifestyle long-term. This is why Mindset & Motivation is core component #1! You have to address your mindset & motivation FIRST if you want to commit to living a healthy lifestyle, creating your dream body, & loving your life.
Mastering your mindset has several different aspects to it:
- Understanding what true health really is: True health isn’t just about feeling good — it’s about healing & functioning at the highest level — & it encompasses physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual health.
- Realizing that your health affects every aspect of your life: If you’re struggling with your health or you lose your health, it affects everything else negatively — your job, your financial security, your marriage, your relationships, your joy & peace, your fun & recreation, your impact & purpose. BUT, if you have abundant health, it affects everything else positively — & you have the best chance of reaching your full potential & living the life of your dreams! ☺
- Mastering your motivation: If you don’t find ways to stay consistently motivated, then you won’t be able to make healthy living a long-term lifestyle. One of the best ways to boost your motivation is to discover your “WHY”, & anchor to it regularly to stay motivated. WHY do you want to be healthy or reach your specific health goals?
- Creating a positive mindset: Our mindset, thoughts, & words directly impact our health, happiness, & results in our life. One of the best ways to improve your mindset & create positive self-talk is by saying positive affirmations regularly.
- Reducing your stress levels: Excess stress is detrimental to our health, so we have to learn how to deal with it in a healthy way. There are countless ways to naturally reduce stress levels & promote a more peaceful, relaxing, & happy life. Everyone is different, so you have to find what works for you.
- Creating healthy habits & routines: Your habits determine your results! If you want to transform your health, reach your health goals, & maintain a healthy lifestyle, then creating healthy habits is a MUST. ✅
2. Nutrition & Healthy Eating
The second core component to your healthiest, happiest life is nutrition & healthy eating. Everyone knows that eating healthy is a critical aspect to living a healthy lifestyle & creating your dream body. In order to lose weight or maintain your ideal weight, to have abundant energy, to feel fabulous, & even to prevent chronic health issues & disease processes, your nutrition must be addressed.
The problem is, there are so many myths, misconceptions, & even harmful information out there — which makes it increasingly harder to make healthy eating a priority, or to know what nutrition guidelines to follow in order to truly be healthy & reach your health goals.
Myths such as “eating a lot of fat makes you fat & unhealthy”. Or “you need to eat less in order to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight”. Or that eating healthy is all about “counting calories”. Or that “healthy eating is too expensive, boring, doesn’t taste good, or takes too much time & effort”. (I bust all of these myths & shed light on the truth in this post!)
The truth is, you need LOTS of healthy fats for optimal health, metabolism, AND even healthy weight loss. You don’t have to starve yourself or count calories to lose weight — you can actually eat quite a bit (as long as you’re eating the RIGHT foods). Yes, healthy eating is an investment, but it’s SO much less expensive than the consequences of NOT eating healthy. And eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or take hours every day — there are so many delicious, super-healthy recipes & foods you can make in 30 minutes or less. 🙌
Once you’ve thrown any excuses out the window that you might’ve had about eating healthy, you need to make sure you’re following sound, effective nutrition advice. Here are a few quick healthy eating tips that can make a huge difference for your health:
- Eat more healthy fats (& eliminate unhealthy fats). 🥑🥥
- Reduce sugars & grains (especially refined sugars & grains).
- Eat a moderate amount of high-quality protein (& eliminate unhealthy, conventional protein sources).
- Transform any unhealthy recipe into a healthy one by swapping out unhealthy oils, flours, & sweeteners with healthier alternatives.
- Always check nutrition labels & ingredient lists when grocery shopping.
3. Fitness & Exercise
The third core component to your healthiest, happiest life is fitness & exercise. Everyone knows that exercising regularly is a critical aspect to living a healthy lifestyle & creating your dream body.
But here’s the problem: Many people have negative beliefs or they believe common myths about exercise — which prevents them from exercising or causes them to dread working out. 😕
Myths like “you need to exercise for 30-60+ minutes per day to get the maximum health benefits from exercising, lose weight, & truly be fit & healthy”. Or that “you need special equipment and/or a gym membership in order to get effective workouts”.
Or maybe you’ve struggled with some negative beliefs such as, “I just don’t have enough energy or motivation to work out on a regular basis.” Or, “I’ve tried different workout programs, gym memberships, & all different types of exercise — but nothing seems to work for me.” (I bust all these myths & negative beliefs and shed some light on the truth in this post!)
But the truth is, you can get in the shape of your life in as little as minutes per day (like 4-20 minutes!), 3-6 days per week. You don’t need ANY exercise equipment or gym membership to get phenomenal workouts, & you can exercise from ANYWHERE (like the comfort of your own home). 👌
If you’re lacking consistent motivation to exercise, there are ways to increase your motivation, including being part of a community of like-minded people who provide ongoing support, encouragement, & accountability. If you feel like you’ve tried everything & nothing works for you, let’s figure out WHY things haven’t worked, get to the cause, & fix it! 🙂
Overcoming any negative beliefs you have & changing your perspective on exercise will build the foundation for you to make exercising a part of your lifestyle, & actually enjoy doing it!
Here are 3 ways you can easily improve your fitness life:
- Do high-intensity, short-duration workouts (aka Metabolic Conditioning) 3+ times per week.
- Find a workout buddy or accountability partner to increase your fitness motivation.
- Invest in some affordable workout equipment & fitness tools (like a set of free weights or a foam fitness dice) if you want to add versatility, fun, & new exercise movements to your workouts.
4. Toxicity & Detoxification
The fourth core component to your healthiest, happiest life is toxicity & detoxification. Unfortunately, toxicity & detoxification is an aspect of wellness that most people AND health professionals fail to address. But hear this: It is absolutely essential in order to live your healthiest, happiest life.
The reality is, we’re more toxic today than ever before! In today’s world, we are bombarded with toxins every minute of every day, & have been since before we were even born (in our mother’s womb!).
While you may not always have noticeable symptoms of toxicity (especially in earlier stages & lower toxic loads), sometimes there ARE warning signs. Some signs of toxicity or that you may have a toxic overload include:
- Aches & Pains
- Skin Problems
- Food Cravings
- Low Energy
- Bad Breath
- Mood Swings
- Depression or Panic Disorder
- Belly Fat or Inability to Lose Weight (Weight-Loss Resistance)
Not only can toxicity cause these uncomfortable symptoms, but a high enough toxic load can lead to serious health problems, such as diseases of the lungs, kidneys, immune system, hormone imbalances, & even cancer.
The sheer amount & prevalence of toxins in our lives, coupled with the potential health consequences they can cause, is exactly why we can’t ignore the issue of toxicity & the action of detoxification if we want to truly have abundant health & our most fit body.
While it’s impossible to completely remove all toxins from our lives, we have to take steps to eliminate them as much as possible. Here are 4 steps to start living a more toxin-free lifestyle:
- Minimize your exposure to toxins — including things like toxic personal care products & household products (EWG Skin Deep Database & EWG Guide to Healthy Cleaning are great resources for checking toxicity levels of these types of products!)
- Actively incorporate detox strategies — such as exercising, intermittent fasting, infrared sauna sessions, or taking a high-quality detox supplement.
- Get plenty of high-quality sleep (7-9 hours per night) — which is essential for brain detoxification, as well as countless other health functions.
- Address any emotional toxicity (such as unforgiveness, fear, anxiety, anger, shame, & depression) — start by evaluating your emotions, & then create a proactive plan to start healing from any toxic emotions.
Alright, my friend — we just covered 4 core components to your healthiest, happiest life. Mindset & motivation, nutrition, fitness, & detoxification are ALL critical pieces to living a healthy lifestyle, & none of them can be ignored.
We also went over some major myths, misconceptions, & negative beliefs when it comes to health, nutrition, & fitness. My hope is that you won’t let negative beliefs, objections, or excuses hold you back from creating the amazing, healthy, happy life you deserve! 💜
You have everything inside of you that you need to create the health, body, & life of your dreams. All you need is an effective roadmap — a clear, comprehensive system — to guide you from where you are right now to where you dream of being!
And that leads me to a super special & exciting announcement… (#drumroll!!)
✨ I’m SO freakin’ excited to announce that I’m currently launching my signature online program, Total Health Academy — which is the complete step-by-step program to transform your health, create your dream body, & become your happiest self! ✨
The program officially opens for enrollment August 8th, but I wanted to give my loyal blog readers the opportunity to join me in the program a day early! So if you’re reading this before August 8th, that’s YOU — & you can be one of the first people in the program by signing up now already. 🙃
Total Health Academy is a self-paced program that includes 4 modules (with over 20 training videos!), lesson guides, workbooks, & more — all of which you’ll have LIFETIME access to (including any updates made in the future). 🤗
It also comes with a TON of bonuses, like:
- A Done-For-You 30-Day Meal Plan (2 of them, actually!) — including exactly what to eat each day, the specific recipes, & organized grocery lists.
- A Done-For-You 30-Day Workout Plan — including 26 fat-burning, at-home workouts, a written document with all the workouts, AND videos explaining & demonstrating EACH workout.
- A bonus training video that shares a superpower strategy & my “secret weapon” when it comes to living the healthiest life.
- AND (this might be my *favorite* one!): Lifetime Access to a Private, Members-Only Facebook Group — which will provide you with ongoing support, accountability, motivation, encouragement, troubleshooting, regular access to me, & a community of like-minded people. 😀
I truly believe that the Bonuses ALONE are worth the investment of this program! The lifetime access to ongoing support, motivation, & coaching from me in the private Facebook group, along with the transformation you can experience by implementing the 30-Day Meal Plans & Workout Plan, is priceless.
Enrollment closes soon — on Thursday, August 16th at 11:59pm EST. You can learn more & sign up here!
If you sign up for Total Health Academy before Friday, August 10th at 11:59pm EST, you’ll ALSO get a really cool additional bonus: A CUSTOMIZED 30-Day Meal Plan, with recipes & grocery lists. 🤩 The key word here is “customized” — because this means I’ll be creating a specific meal plan JUST for you. I’ll take into consideration your food preferences (foods you love & foods you dislike!), the amount of time you’re able to spend making meals, your biggest health goals, & more. Remember, this extra special bonus expires on 8/10 at 11:59pm EST.
I hope you’ll join me in Total Health Academy, & I can’t wait to see you there! 💜
Lots of Love & Blessings,
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!
Author: Dr. Christi Shuppe