I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Oh. My. Goodness. Is there really anything better than a smooth, rich, custard-y banana cream pie?!? I mean, COME. ON. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! 😩
OK, I’m gonna snap out of my little foodie daydream so I can share this ultra-rich, creamy-dreamy, irresistible Banana Cream Pie Smoothie recipe with you! 🙃
Not only does it taste divine, but in true Dr. Christi fashion, it’s got plenty of nutrients to boot! 😉 We’re talkin’ healthy fats GALORE, plus a high-quality protein kick from one of my favorite sources (Bone Broth Protein).
This smoothie ALMOST made me cry tears of happiness — THAT’S how freaking delightful it is! I hope your taste buds & belly enjoy it as much as mine did! ☺
Download the free recipe card below so you can keep this delish recipe on your phone, your desktop, or in your kitchen for easy access anytime! 😋
Sugar-Free Banana Cream Pie Smoothie
Makes 1 (very filling!) smoothie, or 2 small smoothies
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup organic full fat plain yogurt or plain Amasai
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Banana Creme Keto Bone Broth Protein**
- Liquid vanilla stevia to taste
- ~1 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. almond meal
- 1 Tbsp. xylitol
- Cinnamon to taste
Directions for Smoothie:
- Put all smoothie ingredients except for the Bone Broth Protein into a blender (a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, works best!)
- Blend until thoroughly mixed & a smooth, creamy texture is achieved.
- Add the Bone Broth Protein, and blend on low speed until the protein powder is completely blended into the smoothie.
Directions for Rim/Topping:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Mix melted butter, almond meal, xylitol, & cinnamon together with a spoon until well-combined.
- Dip the rim of an empty glass into the mixture, allowing the mixture to form a thick layer around the rim of the glass. (You may need to spoon some of the mixture onto the rim, or put a little bit of water on the rim before dipping it — depending on the thickness & consistency of the mixture).
- You can also add some of the leftover mixture into the actual smoothie (either blend it in, or spoon it on top as a topping).
- Pour the smoothie from the blender into the rimmed glass — and ENJOY!!! 😍
Variations to Try:
While I love the way this Banana Cream Pie Smoothie turned out the first time, I always like experimenting with different options & tweaking recipes to discover new & equally-delish variations. 🤓
Here are some of the options I’m thinking I’ll try in the future (& that you could try if they sound even more up your alley):
- Try adding ice into the blender. This would make it colder, change the consistency a little bit, & make a larger amount of the smoothie.
- Try adding a pinch of cinnamon and/or nutmeg to the smoothie.
- For the rim/topping, try to make a little more crumbly version, rather than so moist (maybe add less butter & more of the dry ingredients). It tasted AMAZING, but wasn’t quite the texture of pie crust.
- Try adding a healthy granola either to the blender or as a topping (such as Purely Elizabeth Maple Walnut granola). It would create more of a pie crust/graham cracker texture & flavor. Yum!
- **If you don’t have Banana Creme Protein, you could try using a ripe banana + vanilla protein powder instead (I love Vanilla Bone Broth Protein & Vanilla Grass-Fed Whey Protein). (Or even if you do have Banana Creme Protein, you could still try this option — the banana would probably add to the thick, creamy texture even more! However, if you’re trying to eliminate sugar as much as possible from your diet, you’ll wanna stay away from bananas. 🙃)
Are you a banana cream pie fan?? Or would you prefer a different kind of pie-flavored smoothie? Let me know in the comments below!
(FYI: If you’re a pumpkin lover, you’re gonna wanna try this Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie!)
And don’t forget to download your free recipe card before you go! 🙃
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!