I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Ya know what I love about chicken salad?? There are SO many mouth-watering variations of it! 😋 Different sauces, veggies, fruits, nuts, spices…the combinations are literally endless!
When my hubby & I lived in Charlotte, North Carolina for a few months, we found this little place called “Chicken Salad Chick”. They had a menu full of tons of different chicken salads, and lemme tell ya: I was OBSESSED — & I started craving chicken salad all the time! 😍
After we moved & no longer lived right down the street from a chicken salad palace, I decided it was about time I created my OWN chicken salad recipe — filled with all healthy ingredients of course (because let’s face it, most chicken salad from restaurants or stores are made with non-organic/conventional chicken & unhealthy fats — not a recipe for health!).
This Keto Avocado Chicken Salad recipe is made with some of my all-time FAVORITE chicken salad ingredients! ☺
It’s low carb, loaded with healthy fats & high-quality protein, & filled with plenty of fiber & nutrients. The texture is such a perfect balance of creamy & chunky, and it’s bursting with flavor! 👌
Download the free recipe card below so you can keep it on hand for whenever your chicken salad cravings strike! 🙃
Keto Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1 package (~1-1.5 pounds) organic, free-range chicken breasts (or the cut of your choice)
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo (or you could use Grapeseed Oil Vegenaise)
- ¼ cup organic full-fat Greek yogurt or Amasai (or you could use ½ cup of this if you don’t have access to the avocado oil mayo or vegenaise above)
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3-5 large stalks of celery, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves fresh crushed garlic or minced garlic
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cook the chicken via the method of your choice (I typically cook it on the stove with some coconut oil).
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, cut, chop, & pull apart the chicken into small pieces, and put it all into a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients into the bowl, and mix everything together thoroughly with a large spoon until completely combined.
- Ideally, refrigerate the chicken salad for a few hours for best flavors. (However, I sometimes can’t wait that long, & I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with eating it right away if you want to! 🙃)
- Serve on a bed of fresh greens, with some healthy crackers (like these flax crackers), or just by itself (it’s THAT good!). ENJOY!! 🤗
Click below to download the free recipe card for Keto Avocado Chicken Salad!
I’d love to hear from you: What are your must-have, favorite chicken salad ingredients?! Leave me a comment below!
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!