I created a free resource library to help you advance your nutrition & fitness, lose weight, decrease stress, maximize your motivation, feel fabulous, & much more!
Hey friend! Today I wanna talk to you about creating routines & habits that will promote your health, happiness, productivity, & fulfillment. And more specifically, we’re going to dive into creating your perfect morning routine to jumpstart each day! 🤗
Before we get into it, I wanted to let you know that I created an awesome “Daily Health & Happiness Planner” to go along with this topic.
This super-actionable planner is something you can use EVERY DAY to not only map out your perfect morning routine, but also track some of the most important healthy habits, focus on gratitude, & plan out the most important “to-do’s” for the day. You’ll love it! 💜 Just click below to download it!
Benefits of a Morning Routine
1. Morning routines are important because the way you start your day can affect the trajectory of the rest of your day.
2. A well-crafted morning routine helps you “get in state” for the day. It gets your mind focused & your spirit ready to face any challenges that arise.
For example, when I DON’T do my morning routine, I am SO much more likely to get overwhelmed, frustrated, cranky, negative, or have a breakdown at even the littlest stressors. 😬 But when I DO my routine, I’m more focused, positive, & in a state of gratitude, joy, & peace that’s harder to break when struggles pop up.
3. Morning routines will help you incorporate healthy habits into your life each day, and will help keep your physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual health on point! 👌
4. Healthy routines act as a rock of consistency for you to hold on to in a life that’s often filled with changes, ups & downs, and moving pieces.
5. A sustainable morning routine generates momentum! When you start your day by taking steps forward in your life, you create momentum. These small wins make it more likely that you’ll continue making progress by making positive choices.
What’s Included in a Morning Routine?
There are endless combinations of morning routines that can help you create a healthy, happy, peaceful, productive, & fulfilling life. When it comes to creating healthy routines, it’s all about finding what works for YOU!
Here are several potential activities you can include in your morning routine:
- Drink water, coffee, tea, green juice, lemon water, detox water, etc.
- Read your Bible or a devotional
- Quiet time or meditation
- Read a personal growth book
- Write down gratitudes
- Look at your vision board
- Say affirmations
- Go for a walk outside
- Work out
- Eat a healthy breakfast or make a smoothie
- Do spinal exercises
- Watch an inspirational video
- Read inspirational or educational articles
- Listen to an audiobook or podcast
- Listen to uplifting/positive/encouraging music
- Write out your goals for the day, week, month, or longer-term
- Review your goals
- Take supplements
- Make your bed
- Plan out your day
- Do yoga
- Anything else that will fill you up & get you ready for the day! ☺️
Obviously you won’t be including ALL those things in your morning routine (unless you wanted to create to most excessive, yet epic, routine EVER!). 😉 But use this list to spark ideas for your own!
My Morning Routine
Confession: I used to NEVER do a morning routine….despite all my coaches, mentors, & successful people I admired recommending it! I just didn’t think it was necessary, & I didn’t make it a priority in my life (which is probably my nicer & more positive way of saying that I was lazy about it). 😬
But I’ve recently created a sustainable morning routine that I’ve been so much more consistent with. I’m starting to understand why the majority of the most successful & joyful people have SOME type of routine or collection of daily habits. It really does create a healthier, happier, more fulfilling & productive life, day in & day out.
My morning routine has changed throughout different seasons of my life, depending on what my schedule looked like, what my main priorities were in that phase of life, and what types of activities really got me in my desired state for the day. It’s okay for your routines to change!
Currently at the time I’m writing this, my morning routine looks something like this:
1. Take a few minutes to really wake up & transition out of bed. → ~3-5 minutes
2. Make my Morning Detox Drink to start sipping on throughout the morning: a big glass jar full of pure water, mixed with some apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon juice, & raw organic greens powder (I sometimes also like to add my multi-vitamin & mineral powder to this drink too — it tastes like tangy tangerine & peach!)
In addition to this, I might also have some herbal tea or possibly organic decaf coffee — my body doesn’t handle caffeine very well. 🙃) → ~2-5 minutes
3. Take my Cell Detox supplement. → less than 1 minute
4. Spend quiet, alone time reading my Bible & praying. → ~15-30 minutes
5. Write down 3+ things I’m thankful for in my gratitudes journal. → ~5 minutes
6. Do my spinal homecare exercises — to keep my spine healthy, so my brain, nerve system, & body can function optimally. 😊 → ~5 minutes
8. Review my schedule, calendar, & to-do list for the day. → ~5 minutes
Total Time: ~40-60 minutes
After those things, I’m ready to get to work & start conquering my day! ☺️
Notice that you don’t have to fit all your healthy habits into your morning routine. For example, I don’t include a workout (I typically work out later in the day), and I don’t include eating breakfast (I typically intermittent fast, so I eat all my healthy meals between ~12pm-8pm).
But my point is, there really are so many variations when it comes to morning routines, and again — you gotta figure out what works best for YOU!
Creating YOUR Morning Routine
If you already have a morning routine, awesome! Are there any changes you could make in order to make your routine even more fulfilling, effective, sustainable, or enjoyable?
If you DON’T currently have a consistent morning routine, you can take 15 minutes right now to create your own in 4 easy steps:
- Choose which habits you’ll incorporate into your routine (use the list above for inspiration).
- Decide on the order of the activities. Sometimes order can really matter (like, you probably don’t want to eat breakfast right BEFORE working out), but sometimes it doesn’t make a big difference — it’s mostly just your preference & how you want it to flow.
- Figure out how long each activity will take, or how long you want to spend for each one.
- Calculate up the total amount of time for your morning routine, and then figure out what time you’ll get up each morning in order to complete your routine before your first scheduled task of the day.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- Download the free Daily Health & Happiness Planner (click the button near the top or bottom of this post) to help you map out your morning routine, plan for your most important tasks, track healthy habits, & focus on the things that matter most & bring you joy! ☺️
- Try out your new morning routine, and then tweak or make changes if necessary. You don’t have to get it perfect the first time — just get it started.
- Start small. If you’re not used to doing anything like this, don’t start off with a 2-hour, mega intense morning routine with #allthethings. You want this to be sustainable and life-giving — not stressful or almost impossible to do long-term. You can always work your way up to adding more activities if you want to, once you’re used to sustaining a morning routine.
- Don’t get discouraged! If you miss a day (or a week…hey — it happens to everyone!), don’t beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day, & you can always get back on track tomorrow.
- Be adaptable. If you’re traveling or have an earlier day at work than normal, shorten some of the activities rather than cutting out the whole routine.
- Your morning routine is YOURS. It doesn’t have to be something super extravagant, it doesn’t have to take you hours to do, and you don’t have to have the same routine as me or anyone else (just because you feel like you “should” do certain things).
Download your free Daily Health & Happiness Planner below! I really think you’re going to love it! ☺️
Once you craft your powerful morning routine, I’d LOVE to hear about it! Leave a comment below!
Cheers to greater health, happiness, productivity, & fulfillment! 💜
Join The Community!
Get weekly wellness support & receive instant access to Dr. Christi’s free resource library to achieve a life of health, bliss, & wholeness!
Count me in!